Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Trivia Question

  • How long does it take for a Trumpeter Swan egg to hatch?

Discussion Question 

After the cygnets are born, Sam Beaver writes in his journal, "I wonder what I'll be when I grow up.?"


  • Have you ever thought about what you would like to be when you grow up? What type of career interests you? What type of training or schooling will you need in order to have the job that you would like to have? 
 
  • Since Sam enjoys nature so much, what type of career would you suggest for Sam?

2 comments:

  1. The Trumpet of the Swan was published in 1942. The vocabulary throughout the book reminds me of my late grandmother. My grandmother opened up her home to me for four years while I attended college at the University of Toledo. She put perishable food in an icebox, carried her keys and wallet in a pocketbook, and sat on a sofa when watching television. Boy, do I miss my grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a few extra minutes, you need to check out Mrs. Newmeyer’s Classroom Website. (A link is available under ‘staff’. It is on the left-hand side of the page. Once you’ve clicked on ‘Mrs. Newmeyer’, click ‘links’.) She has bookmarked the following songs that Louis learned to play The Trumpet of the Swan: Reveille, Lazy River, Taps, Gentle on My Mind, Summertime, There’s a Small Hotel, Brahms’ Lullaby, and Ol’ Man River. Thanks, Mrs. Newmeyer!

    ReplyDelete