Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

The Trumpet of the Swan Chapter 1

I don't know about anyone else, but I started reading The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White this weekend and I could hardly put the book down. I absolutely love it when a book grabs my attention from the first page and has me thinking about the story and the characters even when I'm not reading the book.

Our first trivia question for Chapter 1 is: 
  • Where does Sam Beaver live? 
Sam keeps a journal or diary in which he records the things in nature that he has seen or that interest him. At the end of each entry, he always asks himself a question to think about when he goes to sleep. Chapter 1 ends with Sam's journal entry and his question, "Why does a fox bark?"

In the comment section below, enter your answer to the trivia question. Also, in your comment let us know why you think a fox will bark. When you submit a comment, please only sign it with your first name and your teacher's last name. You can also submit your answer on our bulletin board in the main hallway by the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment